I challenged myself to a series of summer sea and lake swims to see what I could achieve. I am raising money for the Chestnut Appeal.
£145.00 donated of £100.00 goal
Campaign has ended
The swims I completed were both lake and sea swims and they were:
1. Cotswold Big Swim I (lake)
3rd July – 1 mile
2. Looe Island Sea (sea) 5th September – 1.7km
3. Cotswold Big Swim II (lake) 11th September – 2 miles
4. Burgh Island Swim (sea) 19th September – 1 mile (with my big bro).
The Chestnut Appeal was founded in 1999 at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth and it supports the very latest in treatments and technology that wouldn’t be available without community fundraising and relies on donations from the public.
The Trust’s mission is to:
1. Increase awareness of Prostate Cancer
2. Increase awareness of Testicular Cancer
3. Increase awareness of Penile Cancer
4. Fund salaries of Specialist Prostate Cancer Nurses
5. Provide equipment for Prostate Cancer care; and
6. Fund the latest treatments that may not be available on the NHS.
Nice one Pete. Channel swim next??!
Well done Pete. Good work mate and a brilliant cause to support!
Joanna Louise Kelly
Nice moves Pete!
Very good cause against a nusty unpredictable disease! Well done Pete!